A common game idea that is executed very well with a designed-for-speedrun twist. There are small subtle details that you put in the game that I appreciate, such as map design (almost in a metroidvania spirit, revealing where items are and making you remember the map), or enemies being stunt after getting shot at. Overall, the game has clear goals and it is fully equipped for that (optional secondary goal, dashing, no need to kill all enemies). It also feels very well-balanced and the levels' difficulty is thoughout. I think you've already accomplished a lot in 2 days with this game, great work!
LD43 - Riddles of Sacrifice
A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, and Linux
2D Top Down Shooter where you have to Sacrifice your abilities to work your way through the levels. Level completion timer and primary/secondary objectives.
- Bypass locked gates by using bits of your gear.
- Get to the objective marker as fast as possible.
- Get the secondary objective if possible.
- Avoid/shoot the consuming shadows.
- WASD/Arrow Keys: Movement
- Space Bar: Dash
- Mouse: Aim/Menu Select
- Left Click: Shoot
Created for LD43
- Display Bonus Objective Status
- Add Sacrifice Status to UI
- Add Icons on Sacrifice Menu Buttons
- Prevent Re-rolls on doors
- Data Persists between Runs of game
- Second Enemy Type
- Off Screen Enemy Indicators
- Some balancing on Ability Sacrifices
- Enemy Gated Doors
- More Balancing on Ability Sacrifices
- Enemy strafing
- HP Bar Shake
- HP Bar shadow Slide
- Debug UI animation